The acting head coach of the Moldavian side Vyacheslav Rusnak spoke to the media prior to the match vs Sheriff:
- What`s your take on the opponent? Anji has a good roster but gained no win this season…
- We had a typical problem. We`ve analyzed the opponent`s previous games. Anji shows good play and victories aren`t far off.
- Taking into account the tourney strategy, this is a group stage, what`s the importance of any concrete match?
- It`s very important to make a victorious start, so that to obtain a self-confidence.
- If tomorrow`s match ends in a draw - will such outcome be treated as good?
- Of course, you always want to win.
- Are there any injured players on the team?
- No, there aren`t.
- Gadzhi Gadzhiev hasn`t arrived to Tiraspol as he doesn`t feel well. Will it be an advantage for you?
- No, I don`t think that Gadzhiev`s absence will make it easier for us.
- You, probably, watched the news about Anji. Wasn`t it a shock for you when all the leaders left the team?
- I didn`t expect it. Perhaps, this is for the better, as there will be more local players on the squad.
Forward of FC Sheriff Benjamin Balima took part in the conference:
- Whom are you acquainted with among the Anji players?
- It`s Traore, as he makes appearances for the Cote D`Ivoire national team. I`ve recently known that Anji signed one more player from that country – Razak, but I don`t know whether he`ll take the field tomorrow.
- What can you say about Traore, as top European clubs show interest in him?
- I`ve watched his play, he`s a very strong footballer. However, despite that the opponent can boast such player, we are able to win.
- This is the third group tourney for Sheriff. Isn`t it time to advance from the group?
- That`s true, we play in the group stage for the third time already. Well and good. As we`re gained good experience and, perhaps, this time the players will take the tourney more seriously and go further.