Anji head coach told the club`s official website what principles he follows when doing his job.
- Sergei Abuezidovich, what does Anji offer mean for you? What thoughts did you have when joining the club?
- I do understand what gravitas Anji has today, the responsibility laid on me, on the players and those who work for the club. We must return to the positions that for some causes were lost. Of course, it won`t be easy. Because, as fact, we build new team, at this, we must consider the realities of the Football National League with its limit on the foreigners. We need Russian players. During the two previous weeks Sports Director Narvik Sirkhaev and I made huge selection work. We hope, we`re even confident that we`ll recruit a fighting team able to chase for the promotion to RPL.
- It`s a common occurrence when a relegated club aims to promote back. Another question is the seriousness of the club`s ambitions. How categorically was the task set before you by the club`s officials?
- Anji fans, the club`s authorities, all those who face the task, we all find ourselves in a trilling situation. Perhaps, many people really worry how we`ll cope with the task, how quickly we`ll find the players. I`ve decided for myself – there is no sense to get down to business if you don`t set a task. We`ll pursue this aim categorically! How ambitiously the task is set… We all are right-minded persons and realize that football is sport, things happen in sport. But we brush aside even these rational doubts and target on the on positive aspects only.
- There is just one month left until the end of the season. The relegated clubs, including Anji, find themselves under tough pressure as the occasion requires replacing the left players with the newcomers. We need not only to renew the team, but to make them ready. Have you run across such situation earlier? How familiar is it to you?
- I`ve been working as a professional coach for 22 years. Generally, as a head coach. I wasn`t in the situation when they say: here is a squad, we`ll settle everything ourselves, you just define the game plan. I`m a tempered man, not afraid of difficulties. I know myself what to do. The camp schedule is made, it`ll be fulfilled. Today we have a group of players. More players will arrive, they`re quite outstanding footballers of the Russian and Ukrainian top flights. Foreign players will also move to our team. So I repeat: We`re afraid of nothing.
- Can you say to what extent is the roster formed, avoiding the formalities with the contracts` signing?
- Taking into account the list of the players who we`d like to see on the team, we`re completely formed. Proceeding from what we have for today – this is only 50% of the squad. The way from talks, negotiations to the contracts` signing isn`t short. As we plan we recruit a good squad, but it`s not clear if we`ll manage to do everything. We have to take into consideration some details, as well as the limit on the foreigners.
- Since your appointment as Anji head coach, the team`s fans started rooting out the information about you as a coach, the information they obtained was like that: “Tashuev prefers attacking, Barcelonian style of play”. How would you characterize your game play philosophy?
- I`m proud of the style that I developed at Krasnodar. When I took charge of the team they were the First Division relegation-threatened side and showed defensive football.Within one year I taught the players to display attacking football, with the players of average level we topped the league for long.
Metallurg Donetsk revealed physical play even vs such top teams as Shakhtar, Dynamo Kiev, Metalist, Dnipro. I wouldn`t call this football Barcelonian. Yes, they make stress on attack, creative ideas, but at the same time on powerful athletic play. At least, this is an ideal, this is what we`d like to see demonstrated by the team. But there is more behind it. I think football shown by Anji team will be spectacular.
I`d like the fans to support us, they`re our main referees. I`m a positive person, purposeful and in charge of myself: I`ll put all efforts to make the team successful. We`ll play pass and move football. Of course, sometimes it hampers the result. We`ll try to find the balance.