At the Kuban match press conference Anji manager marked high self-commitment of his lads.
Anji acting head coach Ruslan Agalarov:
- We realized, that Kuban were able to make problems to us with rapid counterattacks. The first half featured several episodes, when we could let in even the second goal.
We had the better of the second half. To my mind, our team deserve that point. Indeed, one always strives for the better, but we tied the game. The lads showed high self-commitment, they were well-motivated for the encounter.
- Ruslan Agabekovich, you didn`t abandon the scheme with three central backs, that was used in the previous matches of the team. What were you guided with?
- I thought there was no need to make any tactical changes to the game plan. Within that short period of time, that we had, it`s difficult to change something. Our main task was to train the lads for a concrete game.
Kuban head coach Sergey Tashuev:
Football isn`t always a logical game. Sometimes, it`s worse luck, sometimes, it`s good luck. Today it`s worse luck. All is simple. We knew the opponent`s game plan, knew the style of their play. The lads fulfilled everything that they were instructed: tackling, rapid attacks, ball control. They did good job, but didn`t make a point. The opponent enjoyed a bit of good luck.
- In the second match Kuban play went wrong, especially on the offense. Do the team understand that each draw for them is equal to defeat?
- Well, why do you say our play went wrong? Before the conceded goal we had a lot of clear-cut chances opposing to a qualified rival, who has experienced players on the roster. To my mind, the game didn`t go wrong, but starts to turn around.
- You know some of Anji footballers well, as you worked with the team last season. Did it help you to better prepare for a concrete rival?
- It didn`t help at all. Only few players of those, who performed for Anji last season, have taken the field today. Tagirbekov and Agalarov haven`t played for long. That`s why I couldn`t totally understand the way they would look. And Anji demonstrate just the opposite football.