Remarkably, Anji footballers renewed several club and individual accomplishments even in this unlucky season.
1. For the first time in history Anji gained a lop-sided victory on Anji Arena in the RPL Week 24 match vs Dynamo Moscow (4-0). This victory became the first slashing win in favor of the Makhachkala team in the clashes vs the Dynamo players.
2. For the first time in their geography Anji played an official match in the Arctic circle. The Dagestani team beat Tromse Norway in the Europa League match (0-1).
3. Last season Anji repeated their club record having promoted to the Europa League Round of 16 final.
4. Anji has an advantage in the matches vs the Norwegian and Belgium clubs as well as vs the Netherlands.
5. Two head coaches were sacked from the RPL clubs after being defeated by Anji: Valery Karpin (Spartak) and Dan Petrescu (Dynamo).
6. Our home-grown players Islamnur Abdulavov and Serder Serderov made their first contributions in the Premier League matches for the Dagestani team.
7. Forward Fedor Smolov broke his scoreless streak that traces back to the Dynamo – Krasnodar match played in May, 2011 when Smolov scored against Krasnodar.This time Fedor sent a ball in Dynamo (Matchday 24) and Zenit (Matchday 26) net.