Anji senior coach Andrey Gusin spoke to the media after the match:
- Our start to the game wasn`t good, we made many mistakes, missed scoring chances, thus letting the opponent counterattack. We were inexact at the set play.Having let in 2 goals we found ourselves in a difficult situation. However, the second half proved our ability to change the run of play. We had better control over the ball, won 2 goals back but, unfortunately, failed to convert one more opportunity.
- You`ve not fielded the best team again: Maximov and Traore missed the match, the team play is only being built. What helped you to change the run of play?
- We had to win back, it means to be more threatening on attack.Some of our players demonstrated their self-confidence in the first half, did groundmoves, this mustn`t be done by a libero and a holding midfielder. The team got an emotional punch in the halftime and showed more qualitative play.
- What`s your assessment of the two penalties imposed against both sides?
- Honestly speaking, I didn`t figure out the reasons for a penalty against us. I talked with Sasha Epureanu: there were two men challenging for the ball – the grounds of the decisions aren`t clear. As to the spot kick against Tom – there was a crowd there so I couldn`t see what happened, I need to watch the repeat.
- Will mentioned Maximov, Traore and Razak be ready for the Europa League game?
- We hope for it. They`ve got light injuries and train on their individual programme. Tomorrow`s medical checkup will reveal Maximov`s readiness.We rely on Traore: if there isn`t a major force in the match vs Sheriff, we count upon him.