Zenit head coach spoke to the media after the match:
- It`s been a big game in which Anji tried to take, perhaps, its final opportunity to preserve a spot in the top flight. In the first half Zenit suffered some problems, Anji showed spectacular play and equalized. Though we had goal chances in the first half as well. Zenit had the better of the second half and enjoyed their advantage.
- How much did the Anji play change since the time when you coached Tottenham?
- All the games against the Makhachkala team have been hard-fought. Indeed, the team has changed. Perhaps, they`ll manage to gain a foothold at least in the playoff matches.
- If the UEFA representatives were interested in your opinion regarding the ban on playing the international matches in Dagestan - what would you tell them?
- We`ve received very warm welcome here. I have seen your city and the stadium with my own eyes. To my mind, Anji is one of the best stadiums in Russia. We didn`t have any security risks in Dagestan. But it`s a different matter that I`m not a person who can give recommendations to UEFA and they would hardly ask my opinion.